Friday, February 19, 2010


Let the games begin!!! I know it is only February yet but I think we have officially had “ice-out”.

Yes, we may skim over here and there but for the most part the open water areas of the harbor are free of major ice and fishable. Browns are starting to hit under the Hoan. For the most part the action has been on the bottom with spawn (yawn), but as Tom Frohna shows here, you can catch them on lures too (yea!). Toms hit a shad colored Rapala DT crankbait fished along the wall at daybreak.

I am so refreshed to get back out in the harbor and say good bye to the inner-harbor till next winter.

The next six weeks will be our best shot at a true world class Brown Trout here in the Milwaukee Harbor.
It will be two years now, but in my next blog I’d like to recap Mike Schwister’s goliath 31 pounder taken on March 1st of 2008. It was without a doubt the biggest Brown I have seen in person. What a great morning. And just remember, there are bigger ones out there!
Till next time, tight lines and smooth drags….. and take someone fishing!!!

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home