Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who am I?

Greetings from the western shores of Lake Michigan.

My name is Marc Wisniewski and I hope to keep you posted on a variety of fishing related interests. They will vary from Lake Michigan fishing, Musky and Bass fishing, lure and rod making, new tackle, tactics and anything related to fishing.

I have been an obsessed fishing fanatic since I was about 12 years old when I discovered that I could ride my bike about three miles to the shore of Lake Michgan and catch some of the biggest trout and salmon in the world. After 35 years, I still love it.

I have done consulting work for tackle companies such as Mepps, Storm Lures, Suick and many of my developments are on the market today.

I am also a free lance outdoor writer and have published hundreds of articles over the past 23 years. I write the weekly (Thursdays, both print and on-line) fishing report for The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. My other writing appears in magazines such as The In-Fisherman, Fishing Facts, Midwest Outdoors, Musky hunter, Wisconsin Outdoor News, and also on some websites.

I also love to make lures. Another obsession! One of the columns that I write in Midwest Outdoors is for Do-It Molds, a company that produces lead and tin molds to make your one lures and jigs. Hardly an evening goes by that I can't be found down in the "man-cave" whipping up a creation to catch something on my next outing. I also love to make wood lures and produce a Musky crankbait called the Party Crasher. I believe that this is my tenth year making that lure which has been sold not only here in Wisconsin, but across the country and even parts of Europe where they chase big Pike.

So there you have it in a nutshell for now. I make lures, build custom rods, write about fishing, and fish whenever I get a free moment.

Labor Day weekend looms on the horizon today and that has always been the unofficial start of the fall run of four year old Chinooks. We have been blessed with some cool water near shore this year so I am expecting a good September with a lot of big Kings hanging around the harbor, staging for their run up the rivers. In years when the water has been warm, they often wait as long as possible to come into the harbor and then just blast up the rivers on the first good rainfall. This year we should have very comfortable water for them near shore and a great opportunity to connect with one of these giants.

So, I will be out there this weekend and let you know whats happening. The talk of fall salmon reminded me of a great story from when I was young and just started chasing these fish. It's as close to a Hemingway Old Man and the Sea story that I have had and it took place when I was about 14. I'll share that with you in my next visit.

Tight lines and smooth drags!

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home